January 29, 2009

Dinner Time

It's basically organized chaos around our house. Except for a few hours in the afternoon while everyone naps or has quiet time. Then the noise descends, the pleading ensues and I start making dinner. Josiah is the worst during dinner preparations. He's hungry 24/7. If I'm busy in the kitchen he's hounding me. I'll do anything to keep my sanity during this part of the day. I let him empty tupperware, pots, lids, anything. Yesterday he was exceptionally cute. He pulled out bowls and then a big pot (that I never use). Then he promptly sat in it.


Tonight, I gave him my old cell phone. I thought it was dead. He turned it on. I thought it wouldn't make calls. He called 911. I couldn't believe it. It's almost cheesy. But I freaked out hearing "911 operator..." coming from my cell phone. She kindly told me that even phones that aren't active can call 911. Good to know...

The big kids are busy with my latest hated activity. Webkinz. Hate it. Eli 'needed' one for his birthday. It's quickly turned into an obsession. I allow webkinz while I'm making dinner on M, W, F for about 30 minutes. Seth thinks I'm crazy (being so stingy with their time), but I don't care. While I'm on the topic, if you have webkinz tips, leave me a comment. Eli really wants to make a friend but doesn't know how.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have thus far avoided Webkinz. I don't think my kids even know what they are, except for Hana, who is relentlessly badgered by her 12-year-old cousin to get one. Sorry, Eli, I have no tips!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the peace...........let them play. He'll figure out how to make a friend in time. Up their time to 30 minutes per day during dinner prep!

Unknown said...

I love your family!! I would LOVE to adopt 2 from Ethiopia myself. I know God is leading us that direction! You are brave and have given me the courage that I TOO can do it!

Anonymous said...

LOLOL
I'll let you in on a little secret....they expire after some time! Hahaha. Oh darn!!! LOL. Can't say I'm sad about this!
For some reason they irritate me too! BUT....anything for a bit of sanity during dinner prep...I hate to say it. That time of day must be the bewitching hour in most homes! Ugh!