January 22, 2009

Hair

I've started a post like this about 3 times over the past 6 months. Finally, I decided that if you don't know what to do with your child's hair; there are better people out there to give you a hand. I can tell you this, doing Sally's hair has humbled me. I read the books, watched youtube videos late into the night, and asked loads of questions. All of that for the day that my little girl actually grew some hair that would need to be tamed. The day came and went and we are still bumbling around. My latest idea was to spend an arm and a leg on hair products from Carol's Daughter hoping for a miracle. The much anticipated package arrived and we used everything with excitement hoping for something wonderful. She smells good, her hair is pretty cute (not too different than before), but I still have to 'do' it.

She isn't the big issue around here lately. It's this little guy. He woke up one day and was a cross between Kramer and Don King. It should be easy to see why.

Yes, he is indeed licking a screwdriver with a flowered handle. It's his favorite thing in the world (I've removed the pokey screwdriver end). He's cute but his hair is OOC. Even after meticulous application of aforementioned expensive hair products, he's still Don Kramer. Does this mean (cue foreboding music) we need to give him his first haircut?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hahahaha! I have the same screw driver AND Benaiah is beginning to get the Kramer look! It is getting quite long on top, but it is still very short to not existent on the sides. When we took him into an African market where they have an barber shop, they made it clear that he was no where near old enough to get his hair cut... I don't know when he will be. Let me know what you figure out!

Love you! Susan

jill coen said...

BTW your hair looks fab! I think Silas will be getting his first hair cut very soon. His texture is changing and I think that's the only thing that will help it remain healthy and manageable. I've consulted experts. OK, one Mom with 4 kids. Clearly an expert.