February 20, 2008

FINALLY!!

We got the call...sort of. Duni called to get me to stop pestering her ease my anxiety. I'm anxious? I guess I may have communicated a bit of anxiety in an email to her. She's so nice to call and reassure me that all is going along. She said we are waiting on our daughter's bloodwork results to be processed in Germany. Gulp. Daughter? But she has the complete information on our son. Double gulp. Our son?! She offers to email me his information along with a picture, would I like that--to hold me over until she can call with our complete referral.

Would I like that? No, I'd love that! I hang up the phone, in the dumb fashion I did the last time I talked to her. Didn't ask if the kiddos were together, didn't ask ages, names, if they are in the transition home. Just weeped my thanks and hung up. I'm still a bumbling mess of emotions.

Then I started yelping and jumping up and down. The kids weren't as startled as I would have expected. I was yelling, "A picture! A picture!!" Sobbing. So excited. They looked at me nonchalantly, and Everett said, "A picture?" Where have they been the past 9 months?!

I called Seth and managed to squeak out, "Everything...is...okay. Duni called." I gave him the news, and he was happy. Happy? Evidently, he is uncomfortable expressing emotion in his office. He called me back 5 minutes later from the bathroom. From there he was quite excited.

So, we got one precious picture in an email. I looked at the message and asked the kids if we should wait to download the picture until daddy gets home and look at it together. They voted 2:1 against waiting for daddy. I was relieved, because I would have had to take a peek if the vote would have gone otherwise. Then they screamed about how cute he is and I wept a bit more.

So there you have it, sort of. I hope to give you GREAT news about our girlie in the next week or so.


11 comments:

jill coen said...

Oh Apryl, so not a boring Wednesday! Congratulations!!! We are so very happy for you and hope we get to be travel buddies.

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Great news! Can't wait to hear more!

ethiHOPEia said...

Hooray! This is so exciting! We'll be excited to see the pictures when you have your court date! It is always encouraging when I see two children referrals because that is what we're praying for as well! There is HOPE.
Hilary Forrest
ethihopeia.com

the Steiger's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
We are so happy for you.
love, the Steigers

Susan said...

Whew! Finally is right! You are so overdue! William even called me at Jeremy's swim team practice to tell me. ;-) We are so happy for your family! ~Susan

Rob and Candy said...

Apryl, rejoicing with you!
candy

beBOLDjen said...

Oh this is the news I have beenwaiting to hear sister! How very, very exciting! Whoohoo! Girl, I have been holding my breath for your family for so long now... so happy to hear the update!

Blessings!

tisha said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and can't wait for you to hear about your daughter! Yea! :)
Tisha

Andrea and Peter Kidd said...

This is the best news. We are so happy for your family and praying you her soon about your daughter. Kind of neat to experience each of their referrals separately and special.

Andrea

E said...

Congratulations! I'm so thankful you FINALLY have some of the news you've been waiting so long to hear! Yay!

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

you guys...this is so amazing!!!!! can't wait to see their faces!!!