June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Not that very many dads read my blog...but...it's the sentiment, right?


I'm really posting because yesterday the Fed Ex truck came. I danced around singing, "Happy Anniversary-Birthday-Late Mother's Day tooo me!"


I got a new camera. I'm thrilled. I LOVED my old camera. I really miss it. The charger that I blew up in Ethiopia was for that camera. Once I priced a new charger and priced selling my camera, I decided it was time for an upgrade. I will have to admit I was a bit nervous. After all, I don't buy stuff new. Nothing. Ever. So, I didn't get to handle the camera in a store and press all the shiny buttons. I got to read about it late at night on epinions.com. Then I bid on it late at night on ebay and got a really good price. Or so I think (determined by my late night comparisions). So I've had this camera attached to my eyeball since yesterday afternoon.


You've got to know what's coming. Pictures!! Loads and loads of wonderful pictures. Not wonderful because I'm a great photographer. Wonderful because I've had tons of mommy guilt about missing photo ops since we got home. I'm making up for lost time.





We had dinner yesterday with friends who have been blessed with a child-sized mudhole. Bliss.


When I should have been eating breafast before church, I was taking pictures. Much to Seth's dismay; he equates tardiness with a slap in the face. I'm usually pretty good about staying on task, but this IS a special occasion. The kids started yelling and I ran for the camera so I could capture this:
Ahhh, take a closer look! Eli was screaming, "There's an ant carrying a piece of bacon in here!"




The kids today after church today.




The girls in their dresses that my mom made for them. Popsicles and no naps equal sillies.


Josiah's hand. I'm trying to figure things out with the camera-and who better to experiment on than a chubby baby? So stinking cute.

6 comments:

Carpenters said...

Seth and Gabe are going to have to meet one of these days. They sound so similar. Gabe is definitely Mr. There-is-no-good-reason-not-to-be-on-time. Alas, I am usually running late.

The new pictures are wonderful! I hope there will be many more to come.

With Love,
Penelope

William said...

Hello April -- I just had to chime in as one of the few. Thanks for the well wishes and for sharing your family with us via blog-world.

William

ethiHOPEia said...

Hi Apryl! Isn't it so much to try out a new camera? I know the feeling of having it attached to your eyeball...I hope you enjoy the creative outlet as much as you can!
We've been following your story and have been praying for your family.
Blessings,
Hilary

Jori said...

YAY! I LOVE PICTURES!!! My husband does not do tardy very well either but sometimes ... you just gotta! I love all the kids together and wow, I will have to think of a good comeback for the daycare question! :) Gotta love people!
Blessings, Jori
DTE 02/19 either x2

Christina said...

Your kiddos are super duper cute! It was nice meeting you at the wedding this weekend. I'll stop in later and read more. I have LOTS of cleaning to do since my little pack of kitties were alone here for a few days. Hope you had fun this weekend!
-Christina

Tracy said...

Love your blog!!
WE are starting the journey to adopt.