January 9, 2010

Elijah is Seven!

I can hardly believe that Eli is seven. For some reason seven is a biggie around our house. The boys get their first pocket knife on this birthday. I guess seven is the appropriate age for sharp objects to be introduced into a boy's life. Everett has developed his stick whittling over the past two years and can produce a pretty mean 'bark shaved everywhere but the handle' sword. Eli has watched his big brother with envy for two years and his day has finally come.

We celebrated at *sigh* Chuck E Cheese. There are only so many places you can do a January birthday. My nephew is almost exactly one year younger than Eli and the two of them were thrilled with the idea of sharing their parties. I keep expecting one of them to decide that this year they want to party alone. Not this year.The 'double party' rocks except for the complications that arise when one boy is way into lego guys and the other is way into Wolverine. Party theme? Lego guys vs. Marvel Comic heroes on a cake. My amazing cake building skills are not for hire. But I thank you for your compliments.

Happy Birthday to both of these amazing boys!!

No comments: