March 29, 2010

Ella's Birthday

Ella's 8th birthday party was canceled due to no illness in the family.

Rather, Mom jumped the gun and called the whole thing off because Dad had a headache and the baby went to sleep sounding kind of funny.

Considering the birthday girl didn't have a party, all was still quite well. The party has been rescheduled and hopefully if anyone is going to be sick it will be the insane overly cautious mother. No other family member would think to call off a party because of germs.

As usual Ella requested a Princess Party. I refused. Again. We agreed on fairy-fairy tale-pets for party stuff. If that makes sense. Basically, there will be cake, presents, and a pinata. And, of course, the riddle laden treasure hunt. Try writing riddles that are fairy-fairy tale-pet themed. It is silly at best, involving powerful 'fairy wings' that lead the girls to the 'treasure filled family heirloom bull' aka pinata. It should be interesting. I think if the girls were any older I wouldn't be able to get away with this. Nevertheless, all Ella cares about is whacking that candy-filled bull to pieces.

Like any mother I'm nostalgic around celebrations. Most of the time I don't have the opportunity to act on the nostalgia. I happened to find a few minutes and pulled out Ella's gotcha video. I'll say what I heard more than a few times today, "I can't believe our little girl is eight."


1 comment:

Penny Smith said...

Happy Birthday Ella! (belated!)