March 11, 2009

A few weeks before Sally's surgery, we got a phone call from America World regarding a video they wanted to make to encourage families to adopt. We were more than willing to participate, but wondered if seeing a little girl in a body cast would actually encourage anyone to embark on this crazy journey. I talked to Mike at America World and explained the situation, but they still wanted us to come. Out of desperation, perhaps, but we are always looking for an opportunity to be in the limelight.

We should never be in front of an audience because I hear ridiculous things trickling out of my mouth. Usually I can't stop myself and then feel like an idiot because I just said that out loud, didn't I? With great satisfaction I can say that I tried desperately to limit my speaking while we were being taped. That's really hard for a big mouth like me. It worked though, because Seth spoke more and in the end, he was the one who actually said, "Adoption. It's an amazing adventure." That didn't make the cut, but it will be a long time before he lives that cheese down. He can thank me for that.

It seems tremendous to do a 2 minute short trying to explain why people decide to adopt and how it really isn't impossible and that indeed 'those kids' really will be 'your kids' one day. But, hey, adoption is an amazing adventure, isn't it?


3 comments:

beBOLDjen said...

Ha, It's really good.

I know whay you mean about trying to squeeze months to years worth of life experiences and spiritual growth in adoption into a 30 second sound bite. Impossible!

Still haven't seen aything from the testimoey we did. I don't think I care to either.

beBOLDjen said...

hahah I spelled testimony funny

Penny Smith said...

LOVE this!! Great footage!