October 20, 2007

Referrals, Referrals and more Referrals--not ours though!

Yesterday five more familes got calls from America World. It was exciting to read posts this morning. I was a smidgen sad though, because I'm still waiting. You may notice the ticker (that I hate and should remove because it mocks me) says that we have been waiting just shy of five months. I'm happy for the families (10 in all) that got referrals this month, but just barely a smidge sad because the reality is finally hitting home. These are the families with whom we paperchased, watched dossiers fly to Ethiopia, and waited. They are planning for their children and we are waiting.

We will be waiting for a while.

There I typed it...even as I clicked the period I had a thought of "What do I know, we could get a call in a month--why am I typing that? But then we could still be waiting until March." So maybe I should write:

Will we be waiting for a while?

I'm going to drive myself bonkers! Well, at least I'll be blissfully bonkers as I watch my internet-America World-Ethiopian adoption buddies getting courts dates and travelling. Congratulations to all of those who got referrals! You can watch them too here and here.

1 comment:

Carpenters said...

I'm praying for you, Apryl. I can imagine how you are feeling. Our dossier was the third one that AWAA submitted and it was hard to watch other families receive their referrals and travel to bring their children home. I so desperately wanted that to be us. God was good and gave me the patience to wait for his timing. I still lamented to Gabe every once and a while. I'll be praying that God gives you peace during the wait and that your referral comes quickly.

With love,
Penelope