October 25, 2007

A little too much time on my hands

I meant to post this picture a while ago. Ella's best buddy donated her long locks to Pantene to make a wig for a child with cancer. Her new haircut was adorable, and very short. Ella immediately wanted the same cut. Unfortunately, my daughter is a sweaty little thing. It would seem (to the unexperienced) that short hair in the summer is a GOOD thing, but you would be wrong. Short hair gets stuck on sweaty foreheads, and forms little sweat encased ringlets that turn into teeny weeny snarls. I know because we have done the short-hair-during-the-summer thing. It started getting cooler and one afternoon everyone was busy but me. So I slyly asked Ella if she wanted a haircut. We went upstairs and I got busy. Not 10 minutes later this is what emerged...



The next picture is a perfect example of taking a craft too far. We just finished studying "Vikings" and made papermache helmets. I won't go into the details of this, because I would seem like a crazy homeschool mom, but suffice it to say, these helmets took some time. After all of the work the kids decided to "play Vikings" and I asked them to pose (because these helmets, even though they were a lot of work, may not last too long and we need a picture for posterity). Everett belongs on broadway, he has a flair for all things dramatic. Here is the "Viking pose" and following is his lesson to Ella on being a Viking dog (because her "Viking pose" did not suit his tastes).



Now we are off into the world of knights and castles...that should bring some interesting photo opportunities!

3 comments:

the Steiger's said...

That sounds like fun. We just finished Egypt and will be moving onto a great Island Civilisation (Greece and Crete) I am sick and tired of Egypt at this point. Nice helmets by the way. My boys would get a big kick out of it.
Lenka

Kari said...

Your pictures are just gorgeous!!! I love your blog :)

Carpenters said...

Ella's hair looks great! The papermache helmets look like a lot of fun and the Vikings are very convincing. Gabe would love to come play Vikings (or really anything involving swords or anything that looks like a sword, like me yard stick). Gabe says that if Seth can grow facial hair and is going blad, he would definitely pass for a long lost brother! (He laughed when he read your comment.)

~Penelope