November 30, 2015

Day 100

So if you read the past ten posts ten times, that would equal 100.  Can I admit that God gave us exactly what we could handle, and it didn't include me blogging for 100 days in a row?

Women who can raise a brood, write, cook, and teach are of a superhuman race.

I'm deciding, for my own sanity that I have stepped up my blogging and that's the best I can do right now.  There is a season for everything and this is my season of wading through teen, tween, and toddler at once.

For example, every other Friday I teach Chemistry lab at our homeschool co-op.  It means leaving the house.  Yeah, you thought there would be more to that sentence, but there wasn't.  Leaving the house is a big deal in itself, especially in the morning, with supplies for a lab and necessities for baby survival.  I arrived an hour before class to get things set up.  Everett has model United Nations for an hour before lab, and the other bigs watch the babies while I run around.  I stopped on the way for donuts and bagels, a Friday morning tradition.  I raced to drop Everett off, and unloaded the van.  Baby strapped to my chest, toddler in the stroller, glassware and breakfast were stowed underneath--I was on top of things.

In the scramble to get out of the house, my meticulously packed diaper bag, which is actually more like a diaper suitcase, was left behind.  My 'on top of things super mom' bubble deflated.  It was replaced with the 'I can't handle things and even left the diaper bag at home' storm cloud.

On a more positive note, I didn't forget a baby.

No comments: