May 18, 2007

Drumroll please...

Our dossier has left DC! It's currently in the care of FedEx in Memphis (now the second time it's been visiting Memphis since last week).

Wednesday FedEx redeemed itself (sort of). The FedEx truck pulled up to my house and delivered a document from Virginia. I was pretty confused (seems to be a theme recently) and opened it to find the missing agency recommendation and the authentication from the Secretary of State. So the once lost document has been found, then shipped, then my check cashed, and the pre-paid airbill used. Ick, this visit from FedEx just cost me $30-40 (the vote is still out on that one).

And I didn't even need this anymore--see my previous posting on the "day of chaos" to understand. So I've called FedEx and asked to be reimbursed for the costs of shipping this "lost" package. While I had them on the phone I asked to be reimbursed for the cost of overnighting the replacement documents last week (since I really shouldn't have had to do that), and while I was at it, I wanted them to reimburse my check to the Secretary of State too! Hey, worth a try! Overall, in order to get that document to DC on time I think I spent $70. Ouch--for one piece of paper!

Meanwhile, our months of hard work are carefully packaged up and hopefully flying over the Atlantic Ocean on their way to Addis Ababa.

No comments: